Beaver Lake Nature Center » Enchanted Beaver Lake
Enchanted Beaver Lake
Thursday, October 23 - Sunday, October 26, 2014 • 6:00 - 8:30pm
Over 500 specially carved jack-o-lanterns of different shapes and sizes plus 500 glowing luminaria light the way along two winding, wooded trails greeting participants as they venture through the darkness at the award-winning, Enchanted Beaver Lake. Face painting, fortune telling, magic shows, and storytelling are all a part of this magical experience, one that is truly unique to Central New York. The Friends of Beaver Lake will be selling hotdogs, donuts, caramel apples, popcorn and cider. Please note: Cash only is accepted during the event.
Beaver Lake Nature Center, 8477 East Mud Lake Road, Baldwinsville, NY 13027. Click here for directions.
As an alternate route, we recommend you enter the event from the north...From Syracuse: Take Route 690W (changes to 690N at the Thruway) to the traffic light. Left onto Church Rd. then left onto East Mud Lake Rd.
Admission: $3 per person; under 3 free (Admission tickets are purchased at the gate.)
- The Nature Center will close at 3:30 pm each day of the event. The field parking lot will re-open for Enchanted Beaver Lake at 5:30 pm and admission booths will open at 6 pm.
Parking: $5 per vehicle, advance sale; $10 per vehicle, day of IF AVAILABLE
- Now on sale, Discounted Advance sale parking tickets, which guarantees parking on a specific night. This is a popular program and often sells out, advance purchase of parking passes is highly recommended.
- Parking passes may be purchased at the Nature Center up until the day of the event or over the phone and mailed for $1 through October 16, while supplies last.
- Parking is allowed in the parking lot ONLY and drop-offs at entrance are not permitted.
- Please note: There are no refunds or exchanges on parking tickets.
- Pets are not allowed at Beaver Lake Nature Center.
Nightly Schedule: TBA
Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest:
Carve a creative, original pumpkin and win $200! Free to enter.
Contest Rules & Information:
Sponsored by A. Gregory Sohrweide, D.D.S.
1st Place - $200
Please call 638-2519 if you're interested in helping to carve pumpkins or if you would like to donate a jack-o-lantern.
During your visit to Onondaga County Parks, you may be photographed, videotaped, or filmed by Onondaga County Parks or authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by Onondaga County Parks. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without permission of Onondaga County Parks.