Plan Your Visit » Pets in Parks
Pets in Parks
Wegmans Good Dog Park - Central New York's top rated spot to bring your dog. Open year round.
You may also want to bring your dog to Jamesville Beach Park's Off-Leash Area. Open April-October.
Please follow these regulations to help keep the parks clean and safe for everyone.
- Dogs must be on a leash, no longer than six feet at all times (except when in the off leash areas, at Wegmans Good Dog Park or the Off Leash Area at Jamesville Beach Park.)
- Dogs must be controlled by their owners at all times.
- In Onondaga Lake Park, pets are not permitted on the East Shore Trail (wheels only) during the peak season of April to October. Dogs are allowed on the Shoreline Walking Trail.
- Skating/biking with your pet is not allowed
- Pets are not permitted to ride the Wegmans Trams.
- Owners must clean up after their pets. Clean-up mitts and waste stations are located throughout the parks.
- Dogs must be licensed, tagged and have a current rabies shot as required by NYS Law. The person accompanying the dog must have proof of rabies vaccination with them. Vaccines for other communicable dog diseases such as distemper are strongly recommended.
Pets are not allowed at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo, Beaver Lake Nature Center or NBT Bank Stadium (unless for a specially designated pet friendly event.)
Pets are not allowed at athletic fields, playgrounds, beaches or in buildings.
Pets are not allowed at special events (unless it is a specially designated pet friendly event.)
During your visit to Onondaga County Parks, you may be photographed, videotaped, or filmed by Onondaga County Parks or authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by Onondaga County Parks. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without permission of Onondaga County Parks.