- 2 pods (B & C) Nets and poles down November 16th (Please note - this will be around November 15th every year depending on weather.)
- 1 pod (A) 4 courts and nets will remain up until November 30th 2023.
- After November 30th all nets and poles will be down. Courts are not closed if people want to bring their own portable nets to play. Snow/ice removal of any kind is not permitted - it will damage the surface of the courts!
- Spring 2024 opening: Date TBD/Weather Dependent.
Ready, Set, Play!
- The lakeside courts are now available seasonally for open play from 6:00am - Dusk.
- Visit CNY Pickleball to sign up for specific times and/or skill levels.
- There is no charge to use the courts.
What is Pickleball?
- Pickleball is a paddle sport which is commonly referred to as a mixture of tennis, table tennis, and badminton.
- The court has two sides divided by a net. The court is sectioned out by four lines, these consist of Baselines, Sidelines, Centerline, and the Non-Volley Zone lines.
- Pickleball is a fun and competitive game for all ages! The games can be played as either doubles or singles but it is mostly played as a doubles game.
How to Play?
- Players - The game can be played with two people on each side of the net or even just one.
- Start it Up! - To decide who serves first, any fair method between one of the players from each side can be used.
- Serve - Whoever wins first serve, the ball must drop and hit the ground before initially serving the ball cross court. The ball must cross over the rectangle box, also known as the Kitchen line.
- Two-Bounce Rule - This means that both the serve and the return must bounce before sending the ball over the net. After this, you may hit the ball in the air or off the bounce.
- Rallies - For a rally to end, the ball either double bounces, hits into the net, hits a person or goes out of bounds.
- Scoring - You are only able to score in Pickleball if you are on the serving team. After winning a point, partners switch sides and again serve on diagonal to opposition. Games are to 11.
Pickleball Court Layout
Onondaga Lake Park Court Rules
Learn more about Pickleball...
visit CNY Pickleball and USA Pickleball.
During your visit to Onondaga County Parks, you may be photographed, videotaped, or filmed by Onondaga County Parks or authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by Onondaga County Parks. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without permission of Onondaga County Parks.